Written by Admin in All in One TV Remote & Accessories
Aug 15 th, 2011
The Terk Leapfrog is a wireless remote control extender. A wireless remote control extender is used to convert a standard inferred direct line of site TV remote control signal (IR) into a radio frequency signal (RF) that can be transmitted over longer distances and through solid material TV entertainment cabinets.
The extender works by placing the transmitter out in front of where you’d normally point your regular IR TV remote control when controlling the TV or other equipment. The transmitter accepts the commands from your remote when you press a button on your remote and then sends that signal via radio frequency to the wireless extender receiver. The receiver then reconverts the signal back to IR and delivers the signal to your TV equipment.
The TERK Leapfrog contains 6 parts:
1. Instruction Manual
2. IR remote control signal receiving transmitter, as shown in the picture, to receive signals from your standard TV entertainment equipment
3. A plug in power transformer that you plug into a standard electrical receptacle for the purpose of supplying power to the transmitter.
4. A receiver, as shown in the picture, which accepts the RF signal and reconverts it back to IR. This part sits inside a TV entertainment cabinet.
5. A plug in power transformer that you plug into a standard electrical receptacle for the purpose of supplying power to the receiver.
6. An IR emitter cord which can be used to connect the receiver directly to equipment in your TV entertainment setup.
The TERK Leapfrog wireless remote control extender kit is very simple to setup. Once you unpack-age the kit you simply power the power transformers in, set the transmitter in-front of you and the receiver in front of the TV equipment. There’s no complex programming of any sort required. This is a plug and play device meaning you power it up, put it in the proper position and it instantly begins to work.
The TERK Leapfrog wireless remote control extender is a 6 piece kit used to convert a standard IR TV entertainment remote control signal to RF. It can transmit this signal as far as 150 feet. It can transmit the signal through solid material objects such as wood and other entertainment cabinet products. It is very easy to setup and does not require any complicated programming.
Welcome to All About Home Electronics virtual help service!
Input your email address to get started. By becoming a user of our site you are agreeing to the Terms of Service